Polaris Group is excited to present our expanded INTERIM MDS COORDINATOR SERVICES. Whether it is 5 days, 5 weeks, or 5 months, we offer short- term placements to cater to YOUR community’s needs.
Our experienced MDS Consultant will immediately take an active leadership role in completing MDS Assessments, CAAs, and Care Plans per CMS guidelines.
Polaris Group’s nurses are full -time employees and screened to ensure expertise in managing your MDS Department. Our R.N.s are certified
(RAC-CT) through AANAC and kept current in all areas of compliance with both OBRA and PPS MDS requirements.
Based on your unique situation, the Polaris Group Interim MDS R.N. will be onsite for up to 40 hours per week
Interim MDSC Scope of Services
is based on the need of your SNF – Examples include:
- Maintain compliance with Medicare and OBRA MDS requirements.
- Assess residents, review medical records, and interview staff as indicated to complete the MDS.
- Perform scheduling for both Medicare and OBRA MDS.
- Assist with State CMI documents if indicated in that state.
- Will inform administration of any barriers to maintaining compliance with MDS schedule.
- Update Care Plans and attend Care Conferences.
- Participate in daily PPS meetings
- Participate in Medicare meetings.
- Identify outstanding, opened MDS from before our on-site visit to present, and complete as time allows.
- Assist with establishing ICD-9 codes upon admission.
- Provide feedback on clinical challenges as issues and trends are identified that may put the facility at risk for a citation.
- Once a new MDS Coordinator is hired, will provide recommendations for training based on the level of experience of the new MDSC.
- Compile detailed information for smooth transition to the new MDSC upon the completion of our service contract.